SMART Local 38 is located in Brewster, New York, and was established in 1924. Our local is involved in the community and local charities, trying to help where we can. The local covers a large territory, which includes Orange, Rockland, Ulster, Sullivan, Putnam, Dutchess and Westchester County in New York, and Fairfield and Litchfield Counties in Connecticut.
Here at SMART Local 38, we will make every effort possible to complete projects on time. Our goal is to have the greatest reputation possible. Therefore, we are committed to provide our contractors with the highest quality craftsman.
* Maintain, or possibly improve, your workers' compensation rating with Local 38's OSHA 10 and 30 hour trained members.
* Completion of projects on or before the completion date with Local 38's highly trained members.
* Maintain or improve your high standards of workmanship.
* Maintain a professional appearance with Local 38's Code of Conduct.
* The ability to bid larger projects.
* The ability for company growth.
* The ability to hire trained manpower when needed.
* The ability to reduce manpower when not needed.
* The ability to join forces with a signatory contractor.
* Job required specialized training at no cost to employer.
* SMART Local 38 care of health coverage, annuities and vacation pay for all our members.
* Training of members at no cost to employer.
* Drug screening of members at no cost to employer.
* Employee Assistance Program at no cost to employer.
For more information on becoming a signatory contractor call our Marketing Department at 203-994-0394 or 845-278-6868 ext 128.